Skip to main content

Because Ernie Said So

I've gotten a request to update the blog... sorry guys, I'm new to this!! I don't have any new stories to post, but I will dig through the archives and maybe pull out a poem, eh?
::10 minutes later::
Ok, I believe I've found one. It's called Parts For Cento. A cento is a poem that basically collages other lines of poems/stories/whatevers that are either yours, or someone else's. Enjoy.

Parts for Cento


My face is a map of the world-
suffocate me all you need,
I won’t breathe but it’s okay

I trick myself into thinking that it's going to be different this time
it’s always just shades of the same

You hear she’s a beautiful girl

No more words
just the sound of resplendent tongues colliding.

Comments

Anonymous said…
this poem reminds me of those artists who mash together song lyrics of different pop songs into a poem. therefore, i wanna add a line!

it reminds me of the death cab song, tiny vessels, and the lyric "yeah, she is beautiful, but she doesn't mean a thing to me."

good poem! update regularly! =)

Popular posts from this blog

Mondays with The General: Going with What You've Got

By nature, horses are unpredictable. Even so-called "bomb proof" horses have those moments where something spooks them, and you find yourself clinging to a galloping neck down a beach, hoping your horse doesn't jump the metal barrier onto a highway (see my 10th birthday for an example). When I was a beginner, I wanted stability. I barely had any riding muscles, and I hadn't been riding long enough to know all the things that can happen when you enter into a riding relationship with a horse. As I got older, and braver, I had a lot more experience, and craved those green horses, unpredictability, and the thrill of seeing what could happen taking a novice horse over a jump that was way too big. I rode consistently through college, and never imagined it wouldn't be a focus of my life, never mind that I would take any "time off." But, adulting happens, and something I once spent every waking moment thinking about suddenly became a memory. I had a few y...