Skip to main content

When a Challenge Isn't That Challenging

Then maybe stop doing it.

I like challenges. Last January I did a no sugar/alcohol challenge. I've pushed myself to run 5k's and do obstacle courses. I try not to drink coffee before half my water bottle is gone. I thought doing the no social media challenge was going to be hard, but really, it hasn't been. If you follow Gretchen Rubin's work, I'm a Questioner tendency, so I like to do things that make sense, and not just-because. So I'm ending my social media blackout early, because it hasn't been a huge challenge. The real challenge will be how to not fall back into mindlessness when I return!

Speaking of challenges, Jeremy and I finished (almost) the corn hole boards this weekend. That was way more challenging than not being on social media for 12 days. I'll admit, I got frustrated, but he's a great teacher and helped me get to the end. His boards are the American flags, and mine are the blue arrows.
We went to the Mets game on Sunday for his friend Matt's birthday. It was a gorgeous day (I have the farmers-tan-burn to prove it) and we got to test out his new boards! I'm pretty bad at this game, but just wait till the end of the summer...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PS- I think I'll eventually think of a more creative title for this page. Although Jalisa vehemently disagrees.

An Antoine and Cara Fiasco

Antoine and I tried making a poem this summer back and forth over facebook; here's what I can recover of it. I'll use this as a starting point, add on to it! and he emerged from the shadows, begging please as she walked away into the hollow petal of a nightfall it's ok only one of us died here tonight and I'll be reborn from the ashes of your leftover deceit stab my heart with your heel, just to be stuck on you The ground breaks my fall as you plummet with vindication This is love?

Because Ernie Said So

I've gotten a request to update the blog... sorry guys, I'm new to this!! I don't have any new stories to post, but I will dig through the archives and maybe pull out a poem, eh? ::10 minutes later:: Ok, I believe I've found one. It's called Parts For Cento. A cento is a poem that basically collages other lines of poems/stories/whatevers that are either yours, or someone else's. Enjoy. Parts for Cento My face is a map of the world- suffocate me all you need, I won’t breathe but it’s okay I trick myself into thinking that it's going to be different this time it’s always just shades of the same You hear she’s a beautiful girl No more words just the sound of resplendent tongues colliding.