Skip to main content

Go G-Dawg. It's Your Birthday.

Gavin is one of the first friends I made in college.

He was my rock freshman year. We met moving in all our stuff into A-complex because I lived on the 4th floor, and his 1st floor apartment had a back door into the building that we  demanded very politely asked if we could use because it was pouring rain. His apartment also had AC, which I kind of hated him for, but fully took advantage!

We may have had our squabbles, but he has a great heart, and an immense tolerance for people. He accepts all my quirks, and has realized that he can't bring any more hard liquor to my birthdays (I see you, Moonshine and Jack Daniels!). In the time I've known him, I don't think he's ever missed my birthday, and there were a few years there where he really saved it from being a terrible memory. He always makes the effort for people he cares about, and is a great listener. Plus, we like to talk about ghosts, so that's always cool :)

So here's to you, Gavin. Happy birthday!


January 2017

Comments

Gavin said…
Thanks CPL! man those were some good times back in the day so much happened in A comp lol.. thanks for the nice message.

Popular posts from this blog

PS- I think I'll eventually think of a more creative title for this page. Although Jalisa vehemently disagrees.

An Antoine and Cara Fiasco

Antoine and I tried making a poem this summer back and forth over facebook; here's what I can recover of it. I'll use this as a starting point, add on to it! and he emerged from the shadows, begging please as she walked away into the hollow petal of a nightfall it's ok only one of us died here tonight and I'll be reborn from the ashes of your leftover deceit stab my heart with your heel, just to be stuck on you The ground breaks my fall as you plummet with vindication This is love?

Because Ernie Said So

I've gotten a request to update the blog... sorry guys, I'm new to this!! I don't have any new stories to post, but I will dig through the archives and maybe pull out a poem, eh? ::10 minutes later:: Ok, I believe I've found one. It's called Parts For Cento. A cento is a poem that basically collages other lines of poems/stories/whatevers that are either yours, or someone else's. Enjoy. Parts for Cento My face is a map of the world- suffocate me all you need, I won’t breathe but it’s okay I trick myself into thinking that it's going to be different this time it’s always just shades of the same You hear she’s a beautiful girl No more words just the sound of resplendent tongues colliding.