Skip to main content

Hello There

So I'm new to this whole blogging world, apparently it's been here a while... shows how much I keep up. Anyway, since I figured I'm a writing major it would benefit to write online and hopefully I can work blogging into some of my future lesson planning. Or I'll just putz around and say what's on my mind. I'm hoping to post some of my stories here, and maybe get some comments in terms of what people would like to see in terms of character growth and plot development.

Enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mondays with The General: Going with What You've Got

By nature, horses are unpredictable. Even so-called "bomb proof" horses have those moments where something spooks them, and you find yourself clinging to a galloping neck down a beach, hoping your horse doesn't jump the metal barrier onto a highway (see my 10th birthday for an example). When I was a beginner, I wanted stability. I barely had any riding muscles, and I hadn't been riding long enough to know all the things that can happen when you enter into a riding relationship with a horse. As I got older, and braver, I had a lot more experience, and craved those green horses, unpredictability, and the thrill of seeing what could happen taking a novice horse over a jump that was way too big. I rode consistently through college, and never imagined it wouldn't be a focus of my life, never mind that I would take any "time off." But, adulting happens, and something I once spent every waking moment thinking about suddenly became a memory. I had a few y...