Skip to main content

When a Challenge Isn't That Challenging

Then maybe stop doing it.

I like challenges. Last January I did a no sugar/alcohol challenge. I've pushed myself to run 5k's and do obstacle courses. I try not to drink coffee before half my water bottle is gone. I thought doing the no social media challenge was going to be hard, but really, it hasn't been. If you follow Gretchen Rubin's work, I'm a Questioner tendency, so I like to do things that make sense, and not just-because. So I'm ending my social media blackout early, because it hasn't been a huge challenge. The real challenge will be how to not fall back into mindlessness when I return!

Speaking of challenges, Jeremy and I finished (almost) the corn hole boards this weekend. That was way more challenging than not being on social media for 12 days. I'll admit, I got frustrated, but he's a great teacher and helped me get to the end. His boards are the American flags, and mine are the blue arrows.
We went to the Mets game on Sunday for his friend Matt's birthday. It was a gorgeous day (I have the farmers-tan-burn to prove it) and we got to test out his new boards! I'm pretty bad at this game, but just wait till the end of the summer...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mondays with The General: Going with What You've Got

By nature, horses are unpredictable. Even so-called "bomb proof" horses have those moments where something spooks them, and you find yourself clinging to a galloping neck down a beach, hoping your horse doesn't jump the metal barrier onto a highway (see my 10th birthday for an example). When I was a beginner, I wanted stability. I barely had any riding muscles, and I hadn't been riding long enough to know all the things that can happen when you enter into a riding relationship with a horse. As I got older, and braver, I had a lot more experience, and craved those green horses, unpredictability, and the thrill of seeing what could happen taking a novice horse over a jump that was way too big. I rode consistently through college, and never imagined it wouldn't be a focus of my life, never mind that I would take any "time off." But, adulting happens, and something I once spent every waking moment thinking about suddenly became a memory. I had a few y...